If you need more guidance on how to create assets for Discovery ads, below are some principles we've noticed are common in effective campaigns:
1. Use high resolution, well-crafted images to stop your audience mid-scroll.
- Use high-resolution imagery - at least 1200x628px
- Aim for tight shots with a core subject that is centrally framed, with professional lighting
- Use strong visual contrast, depth of field, and bold colors attract eyes
- Keep overlaid text to a minimum. If you really need it, keep it large and simple
- Keep backgrounds simple
2. Choose images that inspire, to make your audience want to learn more.
- Show the product or service being promoted
- Feature a single product per image
- Avoid stock photography; if using stock, make sure it connects with your brand and story
3. Craft your copy to help your audience evaluate your message and take action.
- Give key details about your product and brand so your audience don't have to leave their feed
- Plan for the right copy lengths - Headlines are 25 characters, Descriptions are 90 characters and the Business Name is 25 characters
- Write for the conversion, not just the click
- Use conversational language
- Write copy in sentence case